Started Dec 19, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Landscapephoto99
Senior MemberPosts: 2,415
Like?
Concern about micro 4 3rds
Dec 19, 2011

My issue with micro 4 3rds over NEX is simple. And I'm not trying to be a troll, I'll stay and discuss

Olympus has in-body stabilization but a more than slightly used technology sensor. Please don't show me your low light photos, I know because my aging E620 can do the same. It just cannot keep up with what the technology today can do.

Panasonic, especially the GH2, has better high ISO performance but no image-stablized fast prime lenses.

Why is it that NEX already has a fast OSS 50mm f1.8 prime lens and a fast zoom (likely 70-200mm f2.8 OSS) where as Panasonic and Olympus have only turned out zillions of variations of slow zooms? This means that not only does NEX have the benefit of a better sensor, but also a fast, image stabilized prime lens allowing very slow shutter speeds.

My concern is just that Panasonic's direction for micro 4 3rds, long ago given up trying to figure out Oly, is for those buying up from P & S or who want a "travel system" in addition to their real photographic system so that the emphasis is on small, smaller and smallest....not quality.

Olympus E-620 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow