Camera backpack/storage for multi day hikes - cannot find a solution

Started Nov 23, 2011 | Discussions thread
ti_co
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Re: Camera backpack/storage for multi day hikes - cannot find a solution
In reply to DaddyG, Dec 19, 2011

Might be a bit late, but check out Eberlestock hunting packs.

http://www.eberlestock.com/J107%20Dragonfly.htm

I just returned from a 3 day hike with this pack with the Superspike Camp Duffel and found that it holds all my backpacking and camera gear very nicely. I took a 550D, 100-400, 24-105, 1.4x, feisol tripod, Markins Q10, and Wimberly sidekick in addition to the typical backpacking gear. I sewed up a couple hooks to the backpack straps so that I could attach a Lowepro Toploader 75 by the D rings - so the 550D plus 100-400 zoom is hanging on my chest in the Lowepro bag. As you can imagine, this is a pretty heavy load to carry.

Once camp was setup, I disconnected the Superspike camp duffel accessory and collapsed the Dragonfly into it's smallest configuration. In the smallest configuration, the tripod fits in one sleeve, and extra lens in the other and some miscellaneous stuff in the other pouches and camera hanging from the front as always, and I have a reasonably sized daypack for exploring near camp.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow