Flat view
baobob
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,692Gear list
Like?
X100 flare and ghost images with lights at night
Dec 19, 2011

Like at Imaging resource
http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/X100/X100A.HTM

I get ghost images and flare when shooting at night with street lights and Xmas lights

I tried all possible settings with the camera and was unable to mitigate the phenomenon.

here is a reprint from the IR review :

"Flare for the Dramatic. We'd heard that the lens flare on the Fujifilm X100 might be a problem, so I made an effort to find it when I went out shooting night videos for this review. You can see it in the twilight video (above) as the cars pass in front of the camera. But it was when I shot a street scene broadside that it took on its strongest expression. Indeed, I think it's worse than we've seen. My bet is that the rear lens elements are so close to the sensor that light is reflecting back and forth between the two, creating this multi-stage reflection, seen in the crop at right, made from the upper left corner. We don't see this in cameras with greater flange-back distance, not like this. Whatever the cause, though the Fujifilm X100 is widely considered a great "street camera" you might want to forget night scenes."

because this review was posted at the beginning of the camera's life, I would like to know if some keen photographers were able to lessen this issue when practising street photography at night

Thx

Robert

PS Apart this issue, the X100 is the best camera i ever had (I own a 5D2)

baobob's gear list:baobob's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony RX100 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +8 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm FinePix X100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow