ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
theshadowes
Regular MemberPosts: 439Gear list
Like?
hello after two years I'm back...
Dec 19, 2011

Good afternoon everyone.

I dont know if anyone still remembers me But after two years and a huge marrige breakup I'm back.

After loosing all my studio..{that I had just completed} and all my gear and porfolio... to an ugly divorce.... I've started again.

I had a huge decision .... one that only a few people have the opertunity to start all over again...

What system..and what format....

After hiring and borrowing C&N systems... I have to admit I am prejudice against canon... they are good but I just get annoyed in the layout and I find i'm tweaking the image time and time again...

Nikon nearly got my vote this time... I even had a nice set up ready to go. for the right price but want I really wanted was a Fuji s5pro body... I really like that sensor and engine but they seem near impossible to lay your hands on one.... so that left pentax...

Welll I'm back so far the liitle K-x I brought for an afternoon was fantastic, but I feel the sensor is not as good as the sony 6 meg sensor. I really didnt miss the top screen at all like I thought I would and the controls have been tweeked over the K100 just a little for the better. No problem with any of my lense beside the shrt front focus which has been around since day dot in the MZ I had...

only a week ago on gumtree I picked up a second hand K-20 with an 50-135 with it for a good price and I'm back in business...

the 50-135 has really surprised me I new that they where good but I didn't realise that they are as good as a LTD lense. For all those years I've been swapping out lense... when this one lense is the same as thre ltd lense...

I managed to pick up an 16-45 for the right price and it is a very good copy ... as is the tamron SP90 I grabed at the same time... that just left the wide angle and I went the sigma 10-20 it is a bit average {satuation and drop at the edge of the frame...but its not bad..

After a couple of test shots with the 50-135 on the k20 and I think the result talk for them selves...I'm glad to be back in a limited way...

-- hide signature --

shadow

Casio Exilim EX-S5 Pentax K-x
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow