just got my D3s

Started Dec 16, 2011 | Discussions thread
Event_shooter
Senior MemberPosts: 1,000
Like?
Re: DPReview review: "best DSLR we'vehave ever tested"
In reply to maljo@inreach.com, Dec 19, 2011

My opinion, you're a tad bit late on getting a 12MP camera when the new ones are right around the corner.

I don't want to rain on your parade, but the D3s is selling for a premium while the new versions of the Nikons are coming in the back door of the camera stores.

Like other have said...IF YOU NEED IT, but seriously who NEEDS a particular camera where one couldn't wait a tad bit longer to make a more wide range decision.

On the other hand, if you had four cameras in front of you today, the D3s, the new D800 with filter (36 MP ) , the D800 no filter ( 36 mp ) and the D4 High rez, high speed ( 18MP ) - would you make the same decision to get the D3s?

If the answer is YES, then you made a great decision and have a great camera, but it you are holding the D3s and wishing you were holding the D4, or D800, well than that also answers your question.

Bottom line you have a great camera, no question there, but like I said in my opinion the D3, D3s and D3x are past their prime and it's time to see what Nikon has developed with the new series of cameras.

Who knows, we all may be buying D3s's if this new crop doesn't live up to expectations.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow