Started Dec 18, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JayMurph
Regular MemberPosts: 211
Like?
Spyder3 Print SR - color chart printing Canon 9500 Mk II
Dec 18, 2011

I have recently decided to try and create my own color profiles (ICC) for my printer Canon Pixma 9500 Mark II. Using (Datacolor) Spyder3 Print SR (s/w version 4.2.2) following the instruction the end result are terrible!? All the shadows are blocked and high-lites blown just two extremes no real middle ground (B&W). The software (spyder3) actually shown this in the softproof window, so actually it printed the way it indicated just not how that sample photo actually looked...

The printing of the chart is done through the Spyder3 software and before printing I am able to go to the printer preferences and change the color matching to none. I did allow the paper/ink (Red River GreenPix Matte) to set for about an hour before reading the color patches. Now if I use the ICC file from RR all is good again.

Is there something I am missing or doing wrong? Any suggestion, corrections or ideas are more than welcomed.

Thanks advance.
--
JM

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow