Anyone gone from T2I to 60D?

Started Dec 5, 2011 | Discussions thread
DFoxinator
Regular MemberPosts: 118
Like?
Re: A wealth of EOS flash info
In reply to Tino27, Dec 18, 2011

Tino27 wrote:

For example, this was a handheld shot I took last night at a church recital. I was standing in the choir loft using my Canon 60D with a Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 at the 200mm focal length. In order to get 1/200th of a second (since the lens has no IS), I had to crank the ISO up to 3200. I post-processed in Lightroom to remove some of the noise and sharpen the image, but did very little else to it.

I was going to post something along these lines, so I'll just use your evidence instead. There is absolutely no reason to be afraid of using ISO 3200. Unless for some really strange reason you need a 100% sized version to be viewable on the computer, then ISO 3200 shots with NR should be usable for pretty much any situation.

Bottom line: if you need it, use it. I'd rather have sharp non-blurred shots where I can reduce noise than shots that I have to disregard completely because the shutter-speed was too slow. I think it would be difficult to find someone who has issues with any realistic uses of ISO 3200 shots from the 60D. I know I don't.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow