EOS 550D vs 600D - bulb glare? (+ Nikon D90 comparison)

Started Dec 18, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Nightly
Junior MemberPosts: 39
Like?
EOS 550D vs 600D - bulb glare? (+ Nikon D90 comparison)
Dec 18, 2011

Yesterday I tried to test these cameras, together with Nikon D90 directly in the shop. I am canon user, so D90 seemed not to easy to setup all shoot settings as in canon cameras, but still I set most of them. But 550D, 600D set to same settings to get fair comparison. The only difference is 600D had 18-55 IS II lens.

The settings are:
1/30, f/4, ISO 200, Evaluative metering, Center AF, Portrait style (2,0,0,0)

(The samples are cropped and resized. AF was directed at the right eye of the Mario)

Though I came up in some reviews that 550D has sharper results than 600D, in this case it was vice versa. Though basing on all informations, neither the lens nor the sensors do have differences, so results should be same. But in actual test they do differ. Maybe it is related with rear/front focus problems...

Anyway, the most difference between them was that 600D had some glare(?). I don't know whether I named this issue with right name or not...Anyway, I wanted to know what is the reason for that?

Just for curious people who may would like to see D90 results with 18-105 VR lens
(Note that some settings and lens are different from Canon).

Basing on this samples with original size, on my opinion D90 outperforms both of them in color accuracy, but EOS T3i/600D has the sharpest result.

Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4) Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5) Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow