Diffraction Effects (Example Photos)

Started Nov 27, 2011 | Discussions thread
Lance B
Forum ProPosts: 26,904Gear list
Like?
Again, I thank you, Mike!
In reply to Mike Davis, Dec 17, 2011

Mike Davis wrote:

You've made an excellent point here, Lance, regarding viewing distance, which like enlargement factor, should always be declared when drawing conclusions about the impact of diffraction or defocus on one's ability to achieve a desired resolution (another varriable that should always be declared).

Again, I thank you for seeing the light, Mike! As I replied in the other thread with regards to your brilliant post:

"This has partly been where I have been coming from with regards to the 36Mp sensor and it being desriable, may be not to all, but to plenty of us. Others have gone off in tangents explaining how a FF 36Mp sensor will not assist us, will actually be a step backwards and that all we need is FF 12 or 16MP or whatever, but they miss this very vital point that I pointed out and that you have written about in your long and very interesting very detailed dissertation.

Again, I thank you for being another light of reason!" emoticon - smile

Lance B's gear list:Lance B's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow