Started Dec 17, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
NovemberSun
Regular MemberPosts: 393Gear list
Like?
Decided on the Dell U2410 excited!
Dec 17, 2011

I posted another thread a week or two ago about deciding between the Asus and Dell monitors. http://forums.dpreview.com/...forums/read.asp?forum=1004&message=40022877

Needless to say I choose the Dell and picked one up Manufacturer refurbished for $275 free shipping. it retails new for $550+ I saw that deal and thought it couldnt be beat at under $300. have heard great reviews about it and cant wait to try it out when it arrives. It is version revA03.

I decided that the refurb wouldnt be such a bad idea because alot of times the refurb models, cameras and the like included can be better or within tighter spec than the products peers that simply roll off an assembly line. The refurb products are hand inspected and tested. Ive had great experience with many refurb products and would happily take one over a consumer "used" product anyday. Enough ranting!

It will be my first IPS panel for photo editing and ill be saying goodbye to my TN panel.

I will be calibrating it and working in a color calibrated workflow using the colormunki alongside my 9000 II printer.

Any suggestions and thoughts (findings, recommendations ect.) from other users of the colormunki and/or the Dell would be appreciated.

-- hide signature --

Cheers. Cheers to what we possess within ourselves. Cheers to the possibilities of this day.

NovemberSun's gear list:NovemberSun's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark II Canon EOS 50D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM +3 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow