Started Dec 17, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John A Cole
Regular MemberPosts: 409
Like?
Any Shallow DOF Fields From Your V1?
Dec 17, 2011

Hi all. Not sure why but every time I play around with a V1 in a store I really like it. I had just ordered a Panasonic GX1 that arrived this morning but was quickly returned as I just wasn't over keen on the feel/package/build and the amount it would cost when factoring in the 14-42 X lens, a decent zoom (say the new 45-175 X lens) and the EVF. I'd have to say I haven't been a massive fan of EVF's but the V1's has me very impressed.

Getting very tempted by the V1 twin lens kit (10-30mm & 30-110mm) but I suppose my only reservation is trying to obtain the odd shallow DOF shots. I understand the sensor size is limiting here but I'd imagine it may not be too hard to obtain shallow DOF using the 30-110 and zooming in a lot. I have no doubts Nikon will come out with some interesting and fast lenses during 2012 so hopefully some of these will address the issue somewhat.

If anyone has any shots they'd like to share that do show what I'm looking for I'd very much appreciate it as I'd like to get a camera before the shops close for Christmas.

Thanks all.

Nikon 1 V1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow