need advise: new 60D or used 5D

Started Dec 14, 2011 | Discussions thread
Tom Bird
Regular MemberPosts: 199
Like?
Re: 60D
In reply to joeydslr, Dec 17, 2011

believe me: if you buy cheap lenses you will buy twice. 1st the cheap ones, and then the good ones. and thats getting really expensive!

rather get a cheap rebel with good glass than the other way round. bodies arent that important, high iso isnt either.

if you can get a cheap used 5d, then buy it. the classic 5d will give you a beautiful rendered image, one of the best of any camera ever built.

the 5d is larger and slower than the 60D or the rebels, the lcd is mediocre and gets you thinking "what crap have i shot". but when you open the file at home you wont believe your eyes - better then any newer cam.

so my advice: cheaper cam and the best glass you can afford. start with 1 glass, and the cheapo 50 f1.8 II is a good choice, $100,-. you can zoom with your feet for the first months...

joeydslr wrote:

Thanks ZAnton, you convinced me, 60D is my choice.

But the FF's bell is still ringing in my mind. FF camera needs good expensive lens, how about if I dig a big hole in my pocket now and get a 24-70 f/2.8 or 24-105 f/4, camera and a piece of lens will end up $2200, but if I put $600 (30%) more I can get Canon EOS 5D Mark II with EF 24-105 f/4L Kit for $2800, why not get 5DII now?

The other way is buy a T2I for $600 and pair with 24-105 f/4 or 24-70/f2.8, that will drop into my price range, and I can buy a cheap prime 50mm/F1.8 to play indoor first. that also I need wide zoom in future

if I buy 60D, I will pair with a 15-85, for 3 reasons

• it has a good review.

• good kit price C$1500, that mean I got this lens for C$550, local price for this lens is C$850 or us store $700

• I want this lens is because the range is fit my usage, especially the wide side

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow