G11 Do I need Repair?

Started Dec 15, 2011 | Discussions thread
Dan Hudson
Regular MemberPosts: 283Gear list
Like?
Re: G11 Do I need Repair?
In reply to Eaglepointe, Dec 17, 2011

I ran across this problem or something similar. I have not seen the lines on my camera, but research indicates that certain serial numbers may have this problem. This was about the G10, but may apply to other G series cameras. I think this information was deep in the Canon website. Here is what I found. Line may show in photo if ISO is set to 1600 and camera is also set on repeat photos. If this problem applies to your camera, it can be noted by the 4th and 5th digits of the serial number on the G10. If your camera has been repaired, there will be a mark on the battery compartment hinge, also for G10. Maybe this info will help.

Note: Most on this thread mention the line as vertical. I see it on the tower photo as a horizontal line located where the poster said it was. Hope you have luck solving the problem.

Also for the G10 and possible others...a magenta cast may appear on raw photos if your serial number is 0 or 1 in the 5th position. It seems that all do not experience the line problem even if you have the bad serial numbers. I think my G10 has it, but it has not surfaced such that i can be sure.
--
Christian Amateur Photographer

Dan Hudson's gear list:Dan Hudson's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Nikon Coolpix P7700 Canon PowerShot S110
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow