Rick Knepper
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,633Gear list
Like?
Re: Old Barn
In reply to ronwoodcraft, Dec 16, 2011

ronwoodcraft wrote:

Ben_Egbert wrote:

Thats a neat scene. Is that along I84?

Thanks Ben, Yes I-84 between La Grande, and Baker City.

I really like the scene but it has a look that is both gritty (like high ISO) and not as sharp as it could be. What were the ISO settings?

I couldn't rememeber. Had to go look it up, it was ISO 400

Seemed to degrade in qualty after putting the picture in photo bucket. I thought it looked sharper before posting here.

I suspect that with a bit of massaging it could really pop.

I agree with Ben regards the composition. Good on you for seizing the opportunity.

I didn't used to think this but Flickr or the browser degrades the original image (nevermind the downsized ones). I recently compared an image being shown as background on my desktop to the same image in Flickr as seen through my browser and was shocked to see some slight degradation. It sort of has shaken my confidence in suggesting to people that an image is soft because of xxx.

ronwoodcraft wrote:

Took this a couple months ago.

I was driving a semi truck through the Blue Mountains of North East Oregon. Traffic was light early morning before sunrise. So I stopped between the fog line and guardrail, and snapped this one shot from the passenger side window.

Canon XSI and 24-105, I think f11.

-- hide signature --

When you can't focus, nothing else matters
Once you can, everything else does.

http://ben-egbert.smugmug.com/

Ben

-- hide signature --

Rick Knepper, photographer, photography not for sale, check my profile.

Rick Knepper's gear list:Rick Knepper's gear list
Nikon D3X Nikon D800E Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow