Started Dec 16, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Yohan Pamudji
Senior MemberPosts: 2,869
Like?
Need owner input on E-PM1
Dec 16, 2011

I have an E-P1 and keep flip-flopping between skipping this generation of Pens (no image quality gains), wanting an E-P3 (familiarity with E-P1 controls plus nice touchscreen with 3x resolution of E-P1 LCD) and wanting an E-PM1 (save cost as a stopgap camera for now). The E-PM1 is on discount right now and is very tempting, so I'm hoping for some feedback from E-PM1 owners on a few questions I have:

• I usually shoot in aperture priority mode and am concerned about the dial being easily nudged accidentally by my ever-increasing belly, changing the aperture without me knowing it. Have you found this to be an issue? The dial on the E-P1 is very easily rotated so I'm wondering if they've tightened it up a bit on the E-PM1.

• If you came from an E-P1/2 (or 3!), how are you finding the lack of buttons and dials? I see myself missing the extra dial, and the rejigged directional "buttons" on the dial have settings that I'm not crazy about.

• Overall are you satisfied with the E-PM1 and are there any particular issues to be aware of?

Thanks for your help.

Olympus PEN E-P1 Olympus PEN E-P3 Olympus PEN E-PM1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow