Started Dec 16, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rcower
Contributing MemberPosts: 831
Like?
Canon 5D
Dec 16, 2011

The other day I found a Canon 5D with 10,417 shutter count (Canon did the mirror fix and wrote it on the paper with the camera), Canon battery grip, 3 batteries, RRS L bracket (nice, I use a RRS ballhead/tripod), strap, boxes and documentation for $800. Body is in excellent condition, looks like new (no marks/scraps/etc). I hope the price was ok, because I bought it. I put my 85mm 1.2L on it yesterday and wandered around shooting a few pictures, wanting to see what they looked like.

I'm amazed, image quality is excellent. Images are stunning with this combination, great detail and color. I rarely used the 85 on my 7D, it might stay on this body. Focus is a little slow, LCD isn't great are the only negatives I can find with this body.

I'm starting to wonder - if this old thing is this good, how much better is the 5D2?

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow