SB910 color correction lenses on SB900...

Started Dec 16, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Higuma
Higuma MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,418
Like?
SB910 color correction lenses on SB900...
Dec 16, 2011

As I stated a few days ago - I preordered the SZ-2TN ( tungsten ) and SZ-2FL ( florescent ) Color Correction "hard" type filters from Nikon Direct here in Japan that will come packaged with the new SB910 for testing purposes with one of my SB900...

The Nikon site does not state that they are compatible with the 900 but my deductions from other information on the Japanese Nikon site suggested that they should be completely compatible...

UPDATE:

I received both filters yesterday ( 15th here in Japan ) from Nikon direct and am pleased to say that:

The new SZ-2FL & SZ-2TN filters are 100% compatible with the SB900...

"Auto" WB & "Flash" WB automatically compensate for either filter as per the SB900 gels and the construction makes then infinitely more practical for use as they can quickly snap on and off - as opposed to the old system that was finicky sometime and the gels would bunch up or fold over and fail to register their color coding with the flash head for communication the the camera body...

For those of you out there that are event shooters or have the need to color correct your flashes from time to time I highly recommend you look into these new hard type CC filters - they will make your life a whole lot less complicated IMO....

Price here in Japan for both filters was about $ 30 usd for both...

-- hide signature --

Cheers...

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow