Sigma's next camera will be ???

Started Dec 13, 2011 | Discussions thread
Bernd Roethig
Regular MemberPosts: 477Gear list
Like?
Re: One thing is for sure:
In reply to Roland Karlsson, Dec 15, 2011

Hello Roland,

My true respect that you have written (developed) a Software that can handle foveon files! That´s great!

Sorry , didn´t find the link to your gallery, only your Zenitar pictures and those pictures regarding lens correction.

I´m not a software developer, i "only" developed High-End Amplifiers and this i can proof, because i made it to the front page of 2 HiFi-Magazines, one in Germany the other in Switzerland. The competitors i was ranked equal, after they had been ranked before, have been Marc Levinson + Roland Research.

The main difference in my style of developing has been, that i did not depend on other people recordings (CD or Analogue LP), or how other High-End amplifiers sounded.

My benchmark has allways been visiting live concerts, mostly jazz and classic..
Try to get as close to the live result as possible.

You can´t develope amplifiers without knowing what live-music sounds like, you have to make decisions which parts you use. Top records are helpful for those decisions at your labratory.

In the end what counts is the result you can hear, regardless of tubes or transistors used, or class A or A-B.

Therefore i really have problems with your workflow.

Relying on pictures or X3f-files made by other people only, is not correct.

I´ve seen so much technical bad executed pictures made by SIGMA-users, that it is hard work to get a useful picture out of their X3f files.

As you told me in your reply, you don´t need a SIGMA camera for your conclusions, that´s not scientific! That´s like judging Sport-Cars by reading a magazine.

Funny that most of the tech-talk guys, when critizising pictures, deliver none, or if they have a picture account better stamp-size pictures. When you ask them about showing full-size pictures you get lame excuses and explanations. The same people are extremly critical at other big size pictures.

Please give the link to your gallery. couldn´t find it.

Best regards to Sweden

Bernd

http://www.pbase.com/broethig

Bernd Roethig's gear list:Bernd Roethig's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Sigma SD9 Sigma SD14 Sigma SD15 Sigma SD1 Merrill +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow