NEX-5N vs. NEX-7

Started Dec 13, 2011 | Discussions thread
El Matadurr
Senior MemberPosts: 4,945Gear list
Like?
Re: NEX-5N vs. NEX-7
In reply to acc77, Dec 15, 2011

acc77 wrote:

It's glaring problem the NEX series in general is the sluggish AF performance. It's poor in low light ie. reason for the Christmas shot complaint threads.

from the nex 3-5-7 it's all the same.

Unless Sony improves in firmware, or develops new AF engine I won't be plunking down 1200 dollars on it's premium product. Like it yes, but for value I'll stick to the nex 5n for this generation.

nathanleebush wrote:

I wrote a post exploring the key differences and which one was right for me here:

http://arcrental.wordpress.com/2011/11/23/nex-7-or-nex-5n/

Of course it's completely subjective, but which would you go with?

-- hide signature --

nathanleebush.com

Or, you know, you could just utilize the focus peaking function in low-light. It's really easy (but time-consuming) to learn how to autofocus, regardless of camera. Really just a game of trial and error. What's nice is that you only have yourself to blame for an out-of-focus shot, rather than placing it on a "sluggish" AF.

When I think about it, I believe it is very possible for the AF to be improved via firmware somewhat , like running on better algorithms or something. We'll just have to wait and see though!

El Matadurr's gear list:El Matadurr's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow