Epson Photo 1400 and 1410 printer - cartridge compatibility?

Started Dec 15, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rowanberry
Junior MemberPosts: 47
Like?
Epson Photo 1400 and 1410 printer - cartridge compatibility?
Dec 15, 2011

Having used Jettec cartridges in the past in an Epson R200 printer with good results, I looked to see whether I could use them in an Epson 1400 A3 printer. They don't produce cartridges for the 1400, but do for the 1410, so I emailed Jettec to ask whether those for the 1410 could be used in the 1400. The answer was no, so I asked why they didn't produce cartridges for the 1400. The answer was that they catered only for the most popular machines, and "if I remember correctly the R1400(sic)" printer is relatively expensive, aimed at the photographic market rather than home users. This reply begs the question of why then they offer cartridges for the Epson 1410, which is apparently unavailable in the UK and not even listed on the Epson UK website. I found an Australian review of the 1410 and it seems to have the same specification as the 1400 and a comparable price - so aimed at the same market.

When I contacted Epson (not mentioning compatible cartridges) about compatibility between the printers, they replied that the cartridges in the US and Australian models would be different from my UK version of the Photo 1400; I wouldn't be able to use the inks from other countries in my printer. Yet, other suppliers sell compatible cartridges as being suitable for "Epson 1400/1410".

Has anybody any experience/explanation/informed advice or comment to offer on this situation?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow