NEX-5N vs. NEX-7

Started Dec 13, 2011 | Discussions thread
El Matadurr
Senior MemberPosts: 4,950Gear list
Like?
Re: So much iso misconception
In reply to h00ligan, Dec 15, 2011

h00ligan wrote:

The nex 7 is not a stop worse than the 5n, maybe half a stop, more like 1/3 of a stop.

That's, NOTHING.

It looks worse due to bigger files.

Print both and see what happens.

I don't get why people can say, oh I don't need the extra res because I don't print big, and then bang on about a very small difference in high ISO performance

I don't mean this at just you, I have just read over and over and over and over about how one simply cannot buy the nex7 due to lackluster iso...etc etc

Well, it's much better than many cameras people are using to print big.

You'd never know in a 1024 posting...

So what does it matter? Not much.

Sorry to vent, I think people are getting to caught up in measurebating..I am a recovering measurebator too.

Want to see how they do, print!

Well said, and good analogy to the measurebators. I'm highly impressed with this camera, and can't wait to pick it up. The trade-off with 50% more "picture" to work with far outweighs the ISO "under-performance". On down the road I'm really interested in getting the phase AF adaptor for sports photography in case the contrast detect doesn't cut it (though for what I'm using it for I really think it will).

Another thing I noticed about the NEX-7, why is it that when shooting in 10 fps mode, the live EVF feed is actually continuous? It's odd because on the "better" a65 and a77 when you are in speed priority or "high", live view only displays the pictures as they are taken, not a live view of the current motion. Odd...

El Matadurr's gear list:El Matadurr's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow