Started Dec 14, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BobT
Forum ProPosts: 11,724Gear list
Like?
Can the SX40 do better than this?
Dec 14, 2011

Recently purchased a Sony HX100V, then about a week later, I got hold of a SX40, then a week later still, I returned it for another Sony. I did not like the feel and action of the Canon, and did especially like the super quality of the Sony LCD, the quick AF single shot action, and the zoom and MF adjusting ring on the lens barrel.

But, just this morning I quickly shot off a few frames on the Sony as I dashed out of the house, then had them printed (4X6s) just to see how this camera did in shooting under dark, dreary, gray, wet, and basically terrible, photo conditions.
I personally feel that it failed.

But the question is, in all fairness, would the SX40 have failed under these circumstances as well?

Should I be trading the Sony in for yet another SX40? I never even took a shot with the Canon before returning it the first time. I'm still within the 15 day return time period. But soon I will earn the reputation of being the customer to dread as I walk in the door. (And I wouldn't blame them, either.)

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX100V
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow