Started Dec 14, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
wiwi
Senior MemberPosts: 2,123Gear list
Like?
What do you do with your shots??
Dec 14, 2011

Just thought I'd pose this question to the forum as I've been thinking lately about just how many shots I take when I travel, and all the opportunities I have for a variety of photography subjects but just what will I ever do with them???

I've been shooting digital now for about 6 years and so have collected a ridiculous amount of images (many of which from the last year remain unprocessed ahem).

But what I've been thinking lately is : why am I taking all these images? Most of them sit on a hard drive somewhere and get forgotten. A rare few I've put on canvases and hang on my wall (now desperately in need of updating!) and I've done the odd photo book and calendar for some dubiously proud parents.

Recently a few friends have made comments to the effect that they'd pay money for an image I've taken (I'm under no illusion - I am an average photog at best) which has prompted me to start making a few gifts from them and a couple of enlargements for a friend who actually wants to put some on her wall.

So what do you do with your shots? Not a shoot you've been asked/paid to do, but just your own shots.

Do you host them in an online gallery that has links to sell the image (hard or soft copy) or make gifts etc from them? Do you submit them to stock photography sites? If so, which ones and how successful are you?

Do you submit them in local / national / international competitions?

Do you sell them in various forms at a local market, or in local shops?

DO you gift them?

Do you put them on your own wall?

Or do they just collect cyber dust somewhere?

I'm just curious to know what everyone else does, really, and maybe generate a bit of discussion.

Cheers Olivia

-- hide signature --

The world is too big for one lifetime, and one lens.

wiwi's gear list:wiwi's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Canon EOS 550D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +3 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow