When is the dpreview of the NEX7 coming???

Started Dec 13, 2011 | Discussions thread
NowHearThis
Senior MemberPosts: 2,252Gear list
Like?
Re: When is the dpreview of the NEX7 coming???
In reply to NowHearThis, Dec 14, 2011

NowHearThis wrote:

Boomr46 wrote:

Is there a reason why it seems that every camera magazine and guru on the planet has posted their review of the Nex-7 except dpreview? Is it being held back in deference to Sony Marketing? Are there rolling changes being incorporated in the OS that cause testing delays?

I pre-ordered the KIT via Amazon on Sep 2nd and now believe it won't be shipping before sometime in January(?) - apparently following the body-only deliveries. As a loyal Sony customer (828, R-1). I would at least enjoy reading your review over the holidays if nothing else! Thanks for the opportunity to rant...

-- hide signature --

Supermatic

Ok, I'll bite. I'll be the first to toss around an unsubstantiated theory...

The lack of a review is because dpreview wants to wait until the NEX-7 is back up to full production (or at least near full production) to ensure they have a good sample in which to run through their very thorough testing procedures. The last thing they want is to have to post a review and then put a disclaimer saying "we'll update......when we get another sample...". Although this could start some interesting flame wars among the various forums - increasing dpreview's hit rate, hmmm.

-- hide signature --

NHT
while ( ! ( succeed = try() ) );

Wow was I wrong. Never been happier to be so.

-- hide signature --

NHT
while ( ! ( succeed = try() ) );

NowHearThis's gear list:NowHearThis's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow