Nikon 105mm f2.5 AIS...sample images anyone?

Started Feb 17, 2011 | Discussions thread
DaSigmaGuy
Forum ProPosts: 12,275Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon 105mm f2.5 AIS...sample images anyone?
In reply to Meekyman, Dec 14, 2011

Meekyman wrote:

Hi Folks,

I'm interested in this lens primarily as a portrait lens. Given I'm not hugely into portraits, don't want to spend a fortune, so it's apparent optical quality, small size and lowish cost appeal. I've been looking at flickr until the cows come home, but still undecided.

Can anyone who has this lens post a tight face portrait shot, hopefully at f2.5 showing a blurred background?

Cheers

Graham

P.S Reading a current thread on here where the user found lots of CA in a photo taken on a sunny day of a reflective surface. Someone suggested that this was normal behaviour for this lens. Any other situations where it falls short I should be aware of?

On rare occasions you might get a tiny bit of CA on very high contrast subjects with it but other than that the 105/2.5 Ai-S has very low CA wide open...BTW, I converted mine to Sigma SA mount so I could use it at infinity...The following are handheld panoramas taken with my SD14 and the 105mm f2.5 Ai-S, stitched with Autopano Pro. All @ f2.5:

DaSigmaGuy's gear list:DaSigmaGuy's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F660EXR Sigma SD10 Sigma SD14 +25 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow