ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Iceman1973
Regular MemberPosts: 166
Like?
Upgrade 60d to 7d
Dec 13, 2011

Hi everyone,

I know this topic of upgrade might have come about many a times but I guess when we are spending our hard earned and saved money we need constructive advice before we spend it. As the subject suggests I own a 60d and have had it for a while. I shoot family, friends, and my 4 year old.

When I bought the 60d, I had not enough to afford the 7d, but now I am in a position to get one by part exchanging and adding a bit of money.

I find it is becoming harder to shoot my 4 year old, and difficult to capture his emotions, him playing..... And as much as this might be down to technique I feel the 7d with the less shutter lag and faster af might be the way to go.
I recently purchased a 70-200 f4L IS and have the 17-85 and 85mm f1.8

My trade would consist of the 60d and the 17-85 + money to get body only 7d. I'm seeking some advice please, where if someone who has done the same as I intend to, or can shed some light to my confused mind.

Or should I just stay with the 60d and put the money towards another lens. ie trade the 17-85 for 15-85 and save the rest of the cash for speedlite, .....
Your input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you
IM

Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow