Failed firmware upgrade

Started Dec 13, 2011 | Discussions thread
Joseph T Lewis III
Senior MemberPosts: 1,479Gear list
Like?
Re: Contact Fuji
In reply to Deleted1929, Dec 13, 2011

I've read several different threads about similar problems with brand new NEX cameras, and the cause usually turned out to be that the owner was anxious to use his/her new camera and didn't give the battery time to charge fully. I don't think anyone tried to download firmware right off the bat, but there were different problems with the camera locking up and in general just not working right due to the battery not being charged all the way.

It's entirely possible that Fuji would do the same thing; i.e., not work properly due to the battery not being fully charged. And, there is an internal battery that gets its charge from the removable battery, so that may be an issue as well...if the main battery wasn't charged, then the internal battery probably didn't get charged all the way either.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but since your post indicates the problem occurred the same day that you got the camera in the mail, I'd be inclined to think the initial lockup problems could be caused by the battery not being fully charged. Did you make sure the battery was charged all the way per the instructions before you attempted the firmware download?
--
Tom

Joseph T Lewis III's gear list:Joseph T Lewis III's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow