Official Pentax UK response. K-r AF problems

Started Nov 28, 2011 | Discussions thread
stepalex
Forum MemberPosts: 83
Like?
Re: Due to a lack of response
In reply to FrancoisduP, Dec 13, 2011

FrancoisduP wrote:

As every man has to make a decision for himself I would say I am faced with three options:

1. Bend over, and fork out the money for the K-5 while trying to get a decent price for the K-r second hand
2. Except the K-r issue and buy a P&S (ironic) for low kelvin shots
3. Sell of the whole lot and switch systems

I was faced with the same options back in May:

1) Seems the most "logical" way... However, I had a K-7 as well, so did not really want a second body with the same "features" (weatherproofing, better build etc) but larger and heavier. Also, it meant giving even MORE money to the company that was ripping me off. And finally - what tipped my decision - was that not only had K-5 users experienced the same kind of problem, but a short "survey" on the forum showed that by far not all the cameras had this problem gone with the latest firmware (and "final", as far as this issue is concerned afaik).

2) P&S - did not consider this option much, as the drop in quality in INDOOR photos will be huge.

3) Went for this one... also as a way to try another system out to understand whether weak points of Pentax as a system are justified or not and then to decide, which system to stick to...

Do consider a mirrorless camera as well - the latest Panasonic sensor, though not 100% on par with K-r's, is good and there are no FF/BF problems.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow