Started Dec 13, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Julian500
Contributing MemberPosts: 701
Like?
Tilt Shift lens question
Dec 13, 2011

I'm going to be working on a shoot of a small-scale model of a hotel this week and am wondering if I should rent a tilt-shift lens. We concluded that all photos will most likely be in the 24-70mm range and we want as much depth of field as possible. This model is 5ft x 5ft and there will be shots that should be in focus from front to back. When doing a few test shots, we realized that f22 wouldn't be enough for this. (I know we can blend multiple images focused at different points in photoshop but we want to avoid this)

I've used TS lenses before on architecture photos but only for the perspective adjustment, never for the focal plane change. I've seen sample TS photos for tabletop type shots, looking down at a flat surface maybe 30 degrees or so. But these shots will be at eye level, not looking down at the model, so I wasn't sure if a TS lens could help that much in this case. Do you think it would be good to use?

Thank you!

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow