Started Dec 12, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Nikonsyncro
Regular MemberPosts: 167
Like?
frustrated with Imac
Dec 12, 2011

I have contemplated switching to Mac for 5 years and instead of upgrading my current two PC's I took the plunge and bought a iMac 27 inch with I5 and 4 gig ram.

Nikon Capture NX2 freezes and downloading with nikon transfer it hangs halfway. so I have to manually download. All the mac settings in the settings file that I received with a online book don't show up in the mac but they show up in windows.
Nikon View NX2 runs out of memory and needs to be rebooted.

I upgraded the system to 12 gigs of ram and things have improved except for Capture nx still giving me uphill and freezing as well as nikon Transfer.

I never had these problems on my PC. running windows 7 64bit with quad cores and 8 gig of ram.
All the software is latest release.
The only programs i have loaded is the nikon stuff and Photoshop CS4

I have had it for 2 weeks now and must say I can not see what all the hype about these apple machines are about and feel like selling it. Will give it a another 2 weeks.

On my PC I could dedicate a HD as a cache drive for Capture NX and PS. and on my laptop I use a high speed usb flash drive. It seems that I can not ad drives to this iMac and I can not use a flash drive either. Is there a different way of doing this.

The OS is Lion of some sort If that helps

I have downloaded some PDF's on the working of Mac's to try and better understand the system.

Any advice will be gladly accepted.

Thank You

Oh yes any replacement for Faststone as quick browser and sorter.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow