ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Builder
Contributing MemberPosts: 921
Like?
Camera insurance in the UK - recommendations please
Dec 12, 2011

All,

Can anyone recommend decent camera insurance for travel ? My gear list is as follows:

• D300s

• Tamron 17-50

• Tamron 90 Macro

• Nikon 70-300

• Nikon 50 f/1.4

• Nikon SB-800

• Lumiquest SBIII

• Feisol CT-3442 tripod and head

I'm looking for insurance that will cover my equipment for loss or damage under the following conditions:

• While in a secured baggage compartment (airline, car boot, hotel room)

• Mugging / theft with violence

I've looked at http://www.eandl.co.uk/camera-insurance but their exclusions / conditions make them useless to me due to the following statement:

"Storage compartments in vehicles must not be accessible from the driver’s area; or opened by electrical or mechanical devices within the passenger section; or accessible by removal of a panel, shelf or partition."

I don't know of any car made within the last 10 years that doesn't have a way to access the boot from inside the car (either via a latch that opens it, or fold down seats in the rear, both of which are covered above).

My main destination is South Africa, but I also get robbed in Spain and America on occasion

Nikon D300S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow