The 'unbeatable' DP2x

Started Dec 8, 2011 | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Pete, here my answer to your question
In reply to Nancy and Pete Spader, Dec 12, 2011

I have a question for you. Are the elements I like elements you were deliberately putting into the picture or were you concentrating on other things?

I was indeed very careful to get the composition right, with the emphasis on the flower and the buds out of focus in the background.

What I wanted to capture were the colours and, if you look closer, the frozen white water crystals on the flower.

Again I believe that the DP2x did a very nice job at capturing this; if I look at the original I'm more than happy with the level of details it allowed me to capture.

Interestingly your reaction to the composition of the firt picture (in colour and BW) confirms that I was right about my composition (which again I was careful with to get right): the rose was a very late October rose, slowly losing support from its stem and succumbing to its fate - when I walked by a week or so later, all the petals were gone (and on that day the light also).

Cheers

Michael

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow