Started Dec 11, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
felixdacat
Regular MemberPosts: 190
Like?
Some Sweep Pano Questions
Dec 11, 2011

Upfront, I realize that sweep panorama isn’t for all circumstances and that you can always throw the camera on a tripod and into manual, and shoot normal pano using stitch software.

I saw in another thread that sweep panorama only will go down to one shutter speed with one lens and another shutter speed for another. Is there a link that shows all the technical specs of sweep panorama including all its limitations (shutter speed, lenses, focal length)?

Now I’m sure that the shutter speed limitation is because the feature shoots 100 images in a few seconds, and therefore, must accommodate the curtain being open with the amount of frames being shot. Couldn’t Sony setup a "less sweepy" panorama feature, which only shoots 50 or less images, but would then allow some slower shutter speeds for lower light situations? Maybe even have the number of images used be set by the photographer.

Could Sony combine “sweep panorama” with “Handheld Twilight” and open up the possibility of low light panoramas?

Has anyone experimented with using sweep panorama images with stitching software and create mosaics?

Has anyone combined Handheld Twilight images with stitching software to create lowlight panoramas or lowlight mosaics?
Note: Not an NEX photographer yet, but leaning that way.
Thanks,
--
FX

D90 / 17-55mm 2.8 / 18-200VR / SB800
Canon Powershot S3
Former Pro Photographer
I know the difference between an F Stop and a Bus Stop

Nikon D90 Panasonic Lumix DMC-S3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow