Panasonic G3 low-res images on playback - any hints?

Started Dec 11, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
panikspace
Regular MemberPosts: 115
Like?
Panasonic G3 low-res images on playback - any hints?
Dec 11, 2011

I'm getting used to my new G3, despite the confusing menu setup - after years of using Canon 20D and 50D, various Canon and Sony compacts. The manual is not a big help, so I'm gradually finding answers to my questions online - but I can't find anything on this: I'm having a problem with the resolution of images on playback, both on LCD and EVF, when zoomed in. I noticed that zooming in on images to 16x in playback mode, they look low-res and blurry, like a JPEG that's been upsized in Photoshop - but of course the file is fine when I check it in Photoshop. I shoot RAW only, but on a hunch I switched quality to RAW + JPEG and the playback image is much better. So, is shooting RAW + JPEG the only way to get a decent, detailed image review, or am I missing a menu setting somewhere? I like to be able to check for focus or image shake on playback, and I can't with the quality I'm getting in RAW mode - it's bad enough that everything looks blurry. Any ideas? Thanks!

Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 50D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow