S5 as a "pro' camera

Started Dec 10, 2011 | Discussions thread
nickvango
Regular MemberPosts: 160Gear list
Like?
Re: Mironv, one of my dance pictures
In reply to mmmmmmmm, Dec 11, 2011

Always enjoy your posts David.

I like you David will aldo dread the day mt S5pro will die.

So 18mths ago i bought a rarely used one which i have kept in my cupboard and hardly used at all.

I shoot weddings mainly , and here in Australia a lot of outdoor beach weddings.

My shooting style is having two bodies ,S5pro with 17-55 2.8 lens and a second body, recently a D700 with a 80-200 AFS2.8 lens.

As good as the D700 is for resolution and fast response, the Fuji S5 effortlessly produces images which are very pleasing tio the eye "consistently" in jpeg mode.

I shoot the S5 pro in jpeg mode only, and the D700 in raw.

And i might add that shooting blue skies with the S5 they come straight out of the camera as "Blue, blue blue!" Not cyan as what the nikon gives you, which i then have to tweak to make them match.

Totally agree with you as well David, shooting people ,resolution is not that important, tonality and skin tone is most important.

I recently added some Quantum flash gear to my kit , and the quality of light from these flashes coupled with the colors from the S5 gives just glorious looking pics.

Cheers Nick.
http://www.pbase.com/nvphotography

-- hide signature --

nickvango

nickvango's gear list:nickvango's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Nikon D2Xs Nikon D700 Nikon D3X +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
EditNew
NickNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow