a hand-held HDR

Started Dec 8, 2011 | Discussions thread
Rriley
Forum ProPosts: 21,846Gear list
Like?
Re: Here is the best of the three exposures...
In reply to Doctor Lecter, Dec 10, 2011

Doctor Lecter wrote:

This was the most accurate single image of the three exposures... as you can see, it doesn't have the same tonal range as the HDR. Not that one is better or worse than the other, but it just shows that there is always hidden tonal range that can be brought out by merging several shots, even if the end product looks as if there was no reason to do it.

I had a try and couldnt recover the tonal range you had in the first shot from this shot. It seems likely to me that although you get some frame shift between shots b/se of the way you are doing it, the tonal range of one frame is exceeded.

Alternatives are to shoot RAW and make a bracketed 3 shots of it, or use ISO bracketing jpeg's and merge them together. Both of these will frame identically.

I like this shot as it is somewhat reminiscent of turn of the century B&W of many a port. Personally I would do other things with it, but its also fine as presented.

-- hide signature --

Riley

any similarity to persons living or dead is coincidental and unintended

Rriley's gear list:Rriley's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Canon EOS 5D Olympus E-3 Olympus E-5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow