Beginner Advice: D7000, T3I, or 7D?

Started Oct 13, 2011 | Discussions thread
brownie314
Contributing MemberPosts: 727
Like?
Re: Beginner Advice: D7000, T3I, or 7D?
In reply to darebatista, Dec 10, 2011

This is kind of a silly question as I don't know anyone buying there first dslr that is willing to drop $2k without knowing anything about equipment or never having used any equipment. But I will give my two cents anyway.

After having used an entry level rebel vigorously for 2 years with every kind of lens from cheapest to most expensive l lens, here is my advice:

If you are shooting fast moving action, definitely get the 7D. It has better AF and way better frames per second. Then stretch your budget a bit and get the 70-200 f/4 l is. hey you are rich anyway right?

If you are shooting landscapes from a tripod, the immense power of the 7d is wasted (with the exception of the weather sealing on the 7d). Your image quality will be roughly equivalent. Get the T3i and invest in a good set of lenses. For landscapes, I recommend the 35mm f/1.4 L. But if you don't want to blow your whole budget on 1 lens, Get a good set of primes. Like the 50mm f/1.4, 28mm f/1.8, and 85mm f/1.8. But I still recomend getting the 70-200mm f/4 l is. You will be impressed with the quality and versatility of this lens.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow