Started Dec 10, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tom Schum
Senior MemberPosts: 3,428Gear list
Like?
Certain Sigma owners seen discussing Fuji X10
Dec 10, 2011

Regarding the suspicious appearance of certain Sigma forum regulars on the Fujifilm forum, discussing the merits of the Fuji X10: yes, I am one of the guilty ones.

I simply got tired of waiting for a DP3 or something like it. I'm not disappointed with my X10, either, and I remain unrepentant.

I will grudgingly admit that at low ISO the Sigmas (I own DP2 and SD15) blow the Fuji X10 out of the water in terms of image quality. And, I know the Fuji X100 is merely Fuji's answer to the DP2, as is Leica's X1.

However, at high ISOs, my Fuji X10 seems to be holding its own. One of these weeks I need to do a comparison shoot between my Sigma SD15 and my Fuji X10, although one of the other Sigma/Fuji owners might very well beat me to it.

In this thread, if you own a Sigma camera and a Fuji camera of any stripe, please submit your comments such as why you use both and the various strengths and weaknesses of each. As a new owner I'd be interested to know your opinions.

Thanks!
--
Tom Schum

Tom Schum's gear list:Tom Schum's gear list
Sigma DP2 Sigma DP3 Merrill Fujifilm X-E1 Sigma 50mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF +5 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 Leica X1 Sigma DP2 Sigma SD15
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow