ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Pete Fang
Senior MemberPosts: 1,881Gear list
Like?
Strictly rumor: Pentax 35mm full-frame DSLR and APS-C EVIL to come in 2012
Dec 9, 2011

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I last posted here. Got a new job this summer and have been busy since. But today I heard a rumor from a usually reliable source that I feel the obligation to share with everyone here:

According to my source, Pentax will release a 35mm full-frame DSLR and an APS-C EVIL (mirror-less) in 2012. No other details were given except that the source seemed to believe the full-frame model will likely use a Sony 24MP sensor. I'd assume this is a new version of the sensor used in the Sony A900. I hear separately that Sony has another 36MP full-frame sensor which has been rumored to be at the heart of a Nikon D800(?). If the rumored Pentax full-frame model uses a 24MP sensor that has similar or improved DR and high ISO performance as the K-5 sensor, I'd be more than happy.

Now I need to hang on more tightly to my full-frame glasses including the FA*28-70、FA*80-200、FA*85/A*85/FA77、FA*200、FA31 and FA43!

That's all I have for now. Please keep in mind that this is just a rumor and nothing more.

Have a great weekend,

Peter

-- hide signature --

Peter Fang - Pentax user for more than 25 years: K-5 / MZ-S / Z-1 / SFX / LX
My Online Gallery: http://petefang.smugmug.com/

Pete Fang's gear list:Pete Fang's gear list
Ricoh GR Pentax K-5 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R +4 more
Nikon D800 Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+oneNew
44%New
bothNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow