i got the lx5 amazon deal of the day but ....

Started Dec 9, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
peggytex
Junior MemberPosts: 42
Like?
i got the lx5 amazon deal of the day but ....
Dec 9, 2011

having some second thoughts.

first, the firmware is 1.0--i dont want to do anything to this camera that might make it 'unreturnable'...so, can i wait til later to update firmware? does the upgrade make much difference?

second :the menu is frustrating and the so-called 'manual' is virtually useless. i'm using the pdf instruction manual downloaded from a website, want to leave the original packaging pristine just in case.

-- hide signature --

so:is there some way to look at all the menu screens and options WITHOUT having the lens extended and the cap off? i know i can turn on the camera in playback mode and the lens stays closed, but i cant seem to access all the possible menus thru that route.

this camera is mostly for fun and workplace, not professional. i could easily stick to iauto mode forever and i love the way it looks. it's fun to use and feels good. but i want to understand how to use the all the creative features. i've been using an e-pl1 and it's good but not as portable --or pocketable-- as originally advertised. so i am trying out lx5 and xz-1.

thanks for any responses.

peggytex

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow