Started Dec 9, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Peter Nelson
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,890
Like?
How to afford an M9 purchase
Dec 9, 2011

How do some of you afford the $6,999 purchase price? Years back I spent $7,995 on my Canon 1DsMkII and then another $10,000 + on 10 "L" series lenses.

I'm retired now and I alway's wish I had a new M9. I shoot a lot with a Seiko/Epson R-D1 and used to use my Leica M5 a lot. So I have 9 lenses that could all be used on the M9. My favorire lens is my 50mm f/1.4 Summilux first version.

When I made the Canon Purchase I used credit. But now that I'm Disabled/Retired I no longer work and my credit was ruined in the 2 years it took to win my disability case.

So I'm asking here and mybe someone has a creative idea. Don't ask me to sell things that's not my style. I absolutly can not tolerate the huge loss on used camera equipment when you trade/sell it.

P.S. The R-D1 is still going strong but I much prefere FF. I use a FF Kodak SLR/n as well as the Canon 1DsMkII and I really like FF.

If I can give up on FF then the Sony 5n and Sony Alpha Nex-7 look good and the viewfinders look impressive as well. Just not as nice as a real optical rangefinder in my opinion.

Also the Ricoh GXR with Leica M mount A12 and I think you can get a good EVF for them as well. I already have (2) u4/3 bodies the Oly E-P1 and Panny G1, but the 2 x FL is not that usefull. Well it's ok with my 28mm, 35 and 50mm lenses-just not great becuase there is no optical viewfinder. I could get another Olympus and then a VF-2, or continue to use the G1 and it's built in EVF. Still these are not my kind of methods for manual focuing I like an optical rangefinder a lot.

The Leica lenses are my favorite out of the more than 50 lenses I use. Mostly because of the IQ and small size and light weight.
-Peter
--
Life as an artist has had some unusual times to say the least.
visit my web site http://www.flickr.com/photos/artist_eyes/
Remember to click on 'All Sizes' for better viewing.
Artist Eyes

Canon EOS-1Ds Epson R-D1 Olympus PEN E-P1 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow