Started Dec 9, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Peter Nelson
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,890
Like?
How to afford an M9 purchase
Dec 9, 2011

How do some of you afford the $6,999 purchase price? Years back I spent $7,995 on my Canon 1DsMkII and then another $10,000 + on 10 "L" series lenses.

I'm retired now and I alway's wish I had a new M9. I shoot a lot with a Seiko/Epson R-D1 and used to use my Leica M5 a lot. So I have 9 lenses that could all be used on the M9. My favorire lens is my 50mm f/1.4 Summilux first version.

When I made the Canon Purchase I used credit. But now that I'm Disabled/Retired I no longer work and my credit was ruined in the 2 years it took to win my disability case.

So I'm asking here and mybe someone has a creative idea. Don't ask me to sell things that's not my style. I absolutly can not tolerate the huge loss on used camera equipment when you trade/sell it.

P.S. The R-D1 is still going strong but I much prefere FF. I use a FF Kodak SLR/n as well as the Canon 1DsMkII and I really like FF.

If I can give up on FF then the Sony 5n and Sony Alpha Nex-7 look good and the viewfinders look impressive as well. Just not as nice as a real optical rangefinder in my opinion.

Also the Ricoh GXR with Leica M mount A12 and I think you can get a good EVF for them as well. I already have (2) u4/3 bodies the Oly E-P1 and Panny G1, but the 2 x FL is not that usefull. Well it's ok with my 28mm, 35 and 50mm lenses-just not great becuase there is no optical viewfinder. I could get another Olympus and then a VF-2, or continue to use the G1 and it's built in EVF. Still these are not my kind of methods for manual focuing I like an optical rangefinder a lot.

The Leica lenses are my favorite out of the more than 50 lenses I use. Mostly because of the IQ and small size and light weight.
-Peter
--
Life as an artist has had some unusual times to say the least.
visit my web site http://www.flickr.com/photos/artist_eyes/
Remember to click on 'All Sizes' for better viewing.
Artist Eyes

Canon EOS-1Ds Epson R-D1 Olympus PEN E-P1 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow