AF-S or AF-C when using AF-ON

Started Dec 8, 2011 | Discussions thread
plaiditude
Junior MemberPosts: 39Gear list
Like?
Re: AF-S or AF-C when using AF-ON
In reply to mosswings, Dec 8, 2011

Thanks for all the advice everyone. I am so familiar with the AF-ON method that it's hard for me to shoot with the shutter button focusing. Often while I'm shooting I'll just have the AF-On button down for long periods while I'm snapping away. When I have on my zooms with VR I will usually also have AF-on held in without releasing it, and then doing the halfway shutter thing to give the VR a second or two to stabilize, then I shoot a few shots, still with the AF-On button held in. I've used my 50mm mostly for taking pictures of objects/things, and some candids, but not in a concentrated way like my 1.5hr family photo shoot, so perhaps its a combination of learning the limits of the lens, slowing down a bit, smaller apatures (that's the hard one, I WANT my bokeh), and yes I need a flash at some point. I do use my popup flash occasionally for fill, but indoors it will often cause shadows I don't want. Someday I'll get a sb700 or even a sb400 would help so I could bounce. My plans are to get a 35mm 1.8g after Christmas so that might help get better shots as well.

plaiditude's gear list:plaiditude's gear list
Nikon D3000 Nikon D7000 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow