Started Dec 8, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SNGX1327
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,186
Like?
NHL Game lens recommendations...
Dec 8, 2011

i'm going to my first NHL game in probably 10 years tonight. it's been a while! i totally stopped following the NHL after their lockout year, switched to baseball and haven't looked back since! so this should be fun.

of course i'm so used to shooting baseball that i have no idea what to bring to an NHL game.

supposedly are tickets are right against the glass, so, heck yeah. that makes me wonder if i should bother bringing a telephoto or if i can be okay with a wide angle or medium lens (being close to the action).

i just don't know what kind of distances and focal lengths will be appropriate. any suggestions? i'm split between 35mm or 70-300. 70-300 would be great, but 35mm might be okay if i am that close to the ice, especially as players get near.

my kit:
D90
10-24
18-55 VR
35 DX
60 f/2.8D macro
70-300 VR

also not sure what to wear since i own absolutely no blues paraphanelia. i guess just a blue shirt will work!

Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow