Started Dec 8, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
electrosim2001
Forum MemberPosts: 69
Like?
3D VIDEO Comparison of 4 3D camcorder/camers
Dec 8, 2011

I was asked recently on another forum as to whether I had any test video from the new Japan Speed FX10 ( aka DXG 5F9V ) camcorder that is listed on Ebay very inexpensively. It is a full HD camcorder with a 40mm stereobase.

The only video I have, as I had returned the ( FX10 camcorder which had a small fault ) was a quick test video I made myself to see how it performed.

As it was all I had, I decided to upload it to Youtube and make extra comparison videos in the same location, using three other camcorders/cameras.

I have uploaded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYea0ZwpxhI

that demonstrates the 3D effect produced with, first a Panasonic SDT750 with a 10mm stereobase, then a Sony Bloggie 3D with 20mm lens separation, then the FX10 with its 40mm base, and finally the Fujifilm W3 with its 75mm spread.

All videos were taken with hand-held cameras and though not sparkling entertainment may be of interest as they give an indication of the depth that is achieved with the varying stereobases, and the HD quality of the video from the new very inexpensive FX10 compared to that of the Bloggie in particular, as it is very similar apart from its wider lens separation that produces deeper 3D.

It also demonstrates that you just can't get too close with wide stereobases as the parallax is too great. Also the W3's video, being slightly wider than human eye separation produces a Lilliputian effect, where objects appear slightly smaller scale on screen than they do in real life.

Thomas

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow