Started Dec 8, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John Bean (UK)
Forum ProPosts: 18,034
Like?
X100 auto ISO setting
Dec 8, 2011

A couple of days use and I have only one annoyance that I can't find a way around - the clumsy auto ISO setting.

Almost every camera I have used has auto ISO "on/off" as an easily accessed option along with the manual ISO settings, any other option (max ISO, etc) on a separate, less used menu somewhere. Not the X100 though, nor does there appear to be any way - no matter how obscure - to provide a shortcut to the auto ISO on/off setting to avoid lots of infuriating menu-diving.

Has anyone found a workaround or am I the only one who hates being forced to use camera menus? I find it bizarre that the Sony NEX-5 with only two buttons allows me to do this with a maximum of three button presses (and no menu access needed) whereas the button-laden X100 needs twenty two (!) presses and full menu access - and that's not including the extra presses needed to get it into EVF/LCD display mode.

Auto ISO is really useful on this camera but I doubt I'll be able to tolerate using it unless I can find a workaround.

-- hide signature --

John Bean [GMT]

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony Alpha NEX-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow