Looking for a third party grip, Help please.

Started Dec 8, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Russell Evans
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,219
Like?
Looking for a third party grip, Help please.
Dec 8, 2011

I've seen posted that there are to version of the third party grips, one with five screws around the tripod screw and one with two screws around the tripod screw. The one with five screws was the one recommended. I tried Amazon and on arrival it was the two screw version even though the photo shows what I ordered to be the five screw version. Looking around Amazon it seems all the third party grip listings are for the "Newwer" branded grips which is what I received, the two screw grip.

So what I would like is the five screw version and I'm probably going to have to buy from ebay. Looking at the listing on ebay, of coarse most of the photos of the units for sale show the five screw grip, but it being ebay, it impossible to really know for sure until you have it in your hands. Since most of the listing are from China, this is problematic.

So has anyone bought the five screw version on ebay and can you point me to the seller, please? Thanks in advance for any help.

Thank you
Russell

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow