Started Dec 8, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
moving_comfort
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,804Gear list
Like?
A Fire is Always Indifferent (DA 35ltd)
Dec 8, 2011

There was a happy-looking homestead down the road a ways and up a hill from my place - nice, well-kept older house, a set of 'streetlamps' lighting the front yard and pathway to the back, and a very old, weathered, leaning barn that I always wanted to find a way to shoot.

I'll never get the chance - on the way to work the other day, I saw that it all was gone.

There were potentially explosive things like paint cans and batteries moved away from the main area of the fire, but also odd items - as if someone fighting the fire had tried to pull any unburned objects out of the blaze in a last-ditch salvage effort.

The saddest thing for me, for some reason, was an old birdhouse taken down from a small tree right by one of the house walls. Perhaps someone thought the tree would go up, took the birdhouse down, and then just left it there, on the ground at the base of the tree, forgotten, left behind.

I never knew the family, don't know where they are now. I will miss seeing the little streetlamps lit in the evenings.

-- hide signature --

Here are a few of my favorite things...
---> http://www.flickr.com/photos/95095968@N00/sets/72157626171532197/

moving_comfort's gear list:moving_comfort's gear list
Pentax K20D Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D +10 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow