I am going back to the bulky DSLRs-Nex too expensive for me now!

Started Dec 8, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
petertan1959
Regular MemberPosts: 189
Like?
I am going back to the bulky DSLRs-Nex too expensive for me now!
Dec 8, 2011

been using the nex3 for a bit now but next week will be trading this for a D80+50f1.8D setup. found someone who wants to do the trade.

reasons?

1. the lens with AF are way too EXPENSIVE for my wallet. bought the Nex3 when it was selling for around $400. found it quite good at that time with 16mm then the 1855.i need a faster lens - f1.8 with AUTOFOCUS system for everyday shooting. manual lenses are ok but sometimes you just want to click away without thinking about speed & aperture settings.

2. the newer incarnation- 5n now sells for past $800. some even reach the $1000 on lens variations. that is now more expensive than traditional DSLRs.

3. traditional DSLR fast lenses (f1.8) sell for less than $200. this means for $800 i can get a used DSLR + fast lens and still have change for coffee on the way home.

i think success has gotten into Sony's head. they forgot that the entry level shooters were the primary buyers of the nex because they liked the small form factor of the Nex when compared to their old P&S.

i hope they can price the new Nex on par with entry level DSLRs.

Nikon D80 Sony Alpha NEX-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow