Started Dec 8, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Carl S
Contributing MemberPosts: 924
Like?
s100 Goes to the Library
Dec 8, 2011

Hello, here in the midwest we have no snow yet, so to get my photo fix I headed downtown to the public library with my s100. You should try it sometime if you live near a large city. You'll be surprised at the photo opportunities you might find. I made two trips on different days but only had about an hour each time so I just concentrated on a few images that I could manage hand holding the camera.

These were all shot in the raw format and processed in DPP. For several of these I also put the camera in the autobracketing mode to get three images with different exposures for HDR. I aligned the images in CS4 since they were hand held and used Photomatix for the HDR processing.

This is actually a blue cylindrical air duct in the stairway tower to remove smoke from the stairway in case of fire. One exposure for this image

Portrayed in this ceiling is Clio, the Greek muse of history and daughter of Zeus

A blue, silver and gold mural in this ceiling represents a transition space between heaven & earth

Special Collections (world-class research collections and rare books)

Periodical Center

And finally a section of a mosaic globe, covered with glass & ceramic tiles

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow