Started Dec 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dustinash
Contributing MemberPosts: 552
Like?
Why does sony hate manual flash?
Dec 7, 2011

Seriously. There is no way to set off camera flashes to manual. What a rudimentary, crippled flash system!

I was really happy with the purchase of the a77 until I realized that because of this, this camera is grossly cumbersome in a wireless flash scenario. Even with the advent of new radio triggers that would allow for setting these things in camera you literally cannot because the sony menu system does not allow for it.

Add to that sony flashes will at minimum fire at 1/32 power and I realized that this manufacturers flash control is complete rubbish. The camera itself is great and beautiful but it is almost useless as a professional photography tool unless your running around with one hotshoe flash on camera or willing to deal with the hassle of a system like the phottix astro.

I had bought the pixel kings hoping for in camera control. Not only do these not work with sony a77 but when the manufcaturer finally gets them updated to work they still will not work correctly because the sony flash system is so inherently crippled.

Leave it to sony to dangle this wonderful camera before our eyes and only once you bite do u realize... Who designed this POS???

Again the camera is very beautiful, but its flash system is completely non-professional however.

Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow